Thursday, May 7, 2009

Some Buyers Still Don't Know What a Buyer's Agent Is?!

I have had the privilege of working 2 real estate markets - Dallas and Houston. To my amazement, there are so many buyers in the Houston area who either don't know what a Buyer's Agent is or simply don't care. It was only after obtaining listings that I found out that so many buyers out there call the listing agent to see property, rather than obtaining their own agent ... this was not the case in Dallas, where I only occasionally received calls from buyers interested in viewing one of my listings, and if I did, I quickly converted them to a buyer who worked solely with me.

So I'm wondering ... is it that buyers in Houston aren't aware of what a Buyer's Agent is, or again, do they simply not care and wish to cut out any "middle man" (the Buyer's Agent)?

I'm still trying to figure this one out!!