Tuesday, December 26, 2006

When Your Relo Client is Yourself

As a Realtor, one of the things I specialize in is relocating individuals, families, and others, from across the country to Dallas/Fort Worth, Texas. I assist them with their transition from "there" to "here", ensuring that it go as smoothly as possible, with as little stress as possible. In addition to my client's real estate needs, I do my best to handle most, if not all, of the little details that my relo clients might forget or not think about during that stressful time that is known as relocating. From utilities to public transportation to school attendance zones, I make sure that no stone is left unturned.

But what is a Realtor to do when faced with the task of relocating himself or herself to an unfamiliar area? That is something I must determine, as I will be relocating from Dallas to Houston in August or September 2007. I know nothing about the area, so suggestions from other Realtors are greatly appreciated.

If ever I could relate to my client's concerns, reservations, and fears, it is now. So if anyone has some feedback or input, please let me know. Thanks!

No comments: